1. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 1
    M&M

Duggars pregnant with #20

Have you seen that the Duggars are expecting #20 in April? How exciting! I think they have done an excellent job raising the children with which God has blessed them.

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 2
    Reggie
    I see it more like another child for the older daughters to raise. I really dislike their parenting style, which I know too much about thanks to a research project I did. Everybody says the kids are so polite and I'm sure they are. I just don't see anything else positive about them and the number of kids they have has nothing to do with it.

4. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 3
    ghking
    I heard but I really do not see what the big issue is. If they are being upstanding citizens what is the big deal with how many kids they have? Let them be, who are they hurting?

5. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 4
    BabySoon
    I think it's fine to discuss as they put themselves on television for personal gain. If you make yourself a public figure, people are going to be critical. I think there is question as to whether or not they would be considered upstanding citizens.

6. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 5
    Mom2JDS
    Other than having 19 (well behaved) children, what would you consider *not* upstanding about them? Last I checked, having 19 children was not a crime.

7. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 6
    LuvBeingANana
    Well to each their own I say. As long as 'they' are raising them and paying for their upkeep (which they are) then so be it. I know I wouldn't want to have 20 kids!

8. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 7
    Reggie
    You have to understand that I do not hate these people, I think they are very nice in person. I just cannot stand the fact that some people blindly see them as role models. I don't think they should be stopped from doing these things, but I think if people want to look up to them they should know what they are about.

Nothing about it is a crime. Just because something is not a crime does not make it right. I would not consider them upstanding just because they have children that are well-behaved though. That's the bare minimum that a parent should expect, isn't it? I think they seem like nice people, like I said, but there are a lot of things I dislike about the way the children are indoctrinated.

- These children are raising each other and the Duggars don't hide this. They have written several books.
    - They are a part of the Quiverfull movement, which is problematic in itself. There is a good link to some information here if you are curious about what that means because there is a lot to it.
    - The parents are followers of Bill Gothard, who you can read more about here. I recommend reading this if you don't know much about the Duggar's religion.
    - When the parents talk about the children I feel that they don't know them as individuals. The parents say things like "We don't like The Beatles." I am certain the children have never been exposed to The Beatles in order to have an opinion because rock music is banned, per Gothard.
    - The children must stick to rigid gender roles. The girls cook and clean and otherwise get ready to be mommies, per the Quiverfull movement. The boys get to work outside the home. They don't get a choice as to what they would like to do.

I could go on but I don't want to feel that I am attacking this family just because they have so many children. If they had 2 children I would feel the same way, and there are families like this that have 2 children. They just don't have a reality show and aren't idealized.

9. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 8
    Elanor
    I could care less, how many children they have. I am just glad it is not me. I kind of feel bad for the kids, though. It must be hard, when you have to raise your siblings and compete with so many for attention.

10. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 9
    AndreaL
    I strongly dislike the way these people are raising their children. I know it isn't really any of my business, but I can't help feeling sorry for the older girls who have to look after their younger siblings, and must become good little stuck in the kitchen slaves down the road. The boys don't have it much better, as they have very rigid standard to meet too.

11. Duggars pregnant with #20 # 10
    Momma09
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    You have to understand that I do not hate these people, I think they are very nice in person. I just cannot stand the fact that some people blindly see them as role models. I don't think they should be stopped from doing these things, but I think if people want to look up to them they should know what they are about.

Nothing about it is a crime. Just because something is not a crime does not make it right. I would not consider them upstanding just because they have children that are well-behaved though. That's the bare minimum that a parent should expect, isn't it? I think they seem like nice people, like I said, but there are a lot of things I dislike about the way the children are indoctrinated.

- These children are raising each other and the Duggars don't hide this. They have written several books.
    - They are a part of the Quiverfull movement, which is problematic in itself. There is a good link to some information here if you are curious about what that means because there is a lot to it.
    - The parents are followers of Bill Gothard, who you can read more about here. I recommend reading this if you don't know much about the Duggar's religion.
    - When the parents talk about the children I feel that they don't know them as individuals. The parents say things like "We don't like The Beatles." I am certain the children have never been exposed to The Beatles in order to have an opinion because rock music is banned, per Gothard.
    - The children must stick to rigid gender roles. The girls cook and clean and otherwise get ready to be mommies, per the Quiverfull movement. The boys get to work outside the home. They don't get a choice as to what they would like to do.

I could go on but I don't want to feel that I am attacking this family just because they have so many children. If they had 2 children I would feel the same way, and there are families like this that have 2 children. They just don't have a reality show and aren't idealized.
    I know who these people are, but I have never seen their show or read anything about them. I appreciate the information and links you provided, Reggie. One question I have is how is that The Beatles are bad, but it's okay to exploit your children on national television? That makes no sense.

More threads of M&M
  1. Ugh! Halloween times six children equals a LOT of...
    im Forum Weightloss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-11, 12:01 AM
  2. I never expected to be one of those moms with...
    im Forum Tweens & Teens
    Last Post: 07-26-11, 10:50 PM
  3. Since I'm home anyway, and since obviously moms...
    im Forum SAHMs & SAHDs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-11, 07:57 AM
  4. I'm not sure why littles get the idea that biting...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-11, 08:18 PM
  5. Do your parents live near you? How often do your...
    Last Post: 07-22-11, 01:41 PM
Other threads in forum General Pregnancy Discussion
  1. This baby is getting so big he is squishing my...
    by shosho
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-11, 04:25 PM
  2. I know in some countries other than the US, it's...
    by JulieF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-11, 01:25 PM
  3. hello everyone, my sister is pregnant now ,...
    by happychloe
    Last Post: 10-30-11, 11:36 PM
  4. A lady at my work asked me yesterday if I had...
    by shosho
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-11, 12:59 PM
  5. What do you miss most from pregnancy when you're...
    by Bun
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-10, 10:16 PM
You are viewing Duggars pregnant with #20.